Quality is a way of life at King Tek
King Tek strives for excellence every day – it's the way we run our business.
The importance of an effective quality control system is paramount to producing precise components and parts for our customers. As a testament to our way of doing business, we became a Certified ISO 9001 / AS9100 company by May 1999, after putting together our ISO 9001 / AS9100 system and registering with Lloyds Register of Quality Assurance.
In 2012, King Tek was awarded the NADCAP certification in non-conventional machining (EDM) from PRI (The Performance Review Institute). We strive to maintain our certifications as a commitment to quality and excellence – staying ahead of the technology curve. King Tek continually invests in the latest technology and equipment. Our customers deserve our best and we demand it.
ALL SUPPLIERS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH QA 1 through QA 8
QA 1 – All products provided under this purchase order shall meet the applicable drawings, specifications, standards and other requirements stated in the King Tek purchase order. Supplier shall subject all products to the inspections and tests necessary to ensure all requirements are met.
QA 2 – King Tek, King Tek’s customers and their customers, or any applicable regulatory agency shall (a) have right of access to all facilities involved in the order at any level of the supply chain and to all applicable records and shall (b) have the right to perform verification or validations at the supplier’s facility.
QA 3 - Notifications: (a)The supplier shall immediately notify King Tek when it is suspected or known that nonconforming material has been produced or delivered. The notification must include a clear description of the actual or suspected nonconformance. (b) The supplier shall notify King Tek as soon as soon as it has been determined that supplier is not able to ship as specified.
QA 4 - Supplier shall notify King Tek of any changes to processes, products or services, including changes of suppliers, or location of manufacture and obtain King Tek’s approval prior to filling the order.
QA 5 - Supplier shall retain and maintain quality records pertaining to King Tek’s order from deterioration for a minimum of ten years unless otherwise specified by purchase order.
QA 6 - Except as required by law, no public release of any information, confirmation or denial of the subject matter of this purchase order shall be made without prior written authorization by King Tek or its customer. Access to the information contained in this order shall be provided only to employees or suppliers “with the need to know” and who are under obligation to hold such information in confidence.
QA 7 - Supplier shall flow down to sub-tier suppliers the applicable requirements in King Tek’s purchasing documents, including King Tek’s customer’s requirements.
QA 8 - The supplier shall ensure that packaging and preservation is adequate to prevent damage or deterioration during shipment to King Tek.
ADDITIONAL QA REQUIREMENTS FOR COMMODITIES LISTED BELOW
X = Required
* = Required when noted on the purchase order
QA 9 – Nadcap Accreditation: Supplier shall maintain a processing system that has been accredited by Nadcap. Supplier shall notify King Tek of suspension or termination of their Nadcap accreditation PRIOR to processing any orders.
QA 10 –Certificate of Conformance: Supplier shall provide a Certificate of Conformance with the following information:
- Supplier’s name, location & Shipper number
- Date of shipment
- KING TEK P.O. number
- Part number & Revision; serial number (if applicable)
- Part name & quantity
- A signed and dated statement of quality, from authorized representative stating that all methods and/or materials used in the order are in accordance with P.O. instructions and that all required inspections and/or tests have been successfully completed
QA 11 – Raw Material Certificates: Certificates showing full chain of custody including the mill or product certificates denoting chemical and physical properties shall accompany each lot/shipment.
QA 12 – DFARS Compliance: ALL specialty metals shall be smelted in the United States or a “Qualifying Country” per DFARS 252.225-7014 unless otherwise specified in the King Tek purchase order.
QA 13 - Test Reports: The supplier shall provide test reports and/or test coupons or specimens as requested by the King Tek purchase order.
QA 14 – Calibration Certificates: Calibration certificates traceable to NIST are required.
QA 15 - Compliance with ITAR & EAR: INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC IN ARMS REGULATIONS (ITAR) or EXPORT ADMINISTRATION REGULATIONS (EAR) are in effect for this order, as this purchase order or its appendage contains technical data which is subject to export control laws of the U.S. Government. Transfer of this data by any means to a foreign person, whether in the U.S. or abroad is strictly prohibited.
1161 N. Knollwood Circle
Anaheim, California 92801
(714) 826-2352 Phone (714) 826-2384 Fax
King Tek is committed to responsive, complete, & accurate fulfillment of all customer orders. We maintain compliance with the statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
- We Do It Right
- We Do It On-Time
- We Provide Good Value
We measure our performance against high standards. We use the AS 9100 management principles to continually improve our quality management system. This policy is communicated to all employees. We stand together to serve our customers to the best of all our abilities.
Gordon M Hanscom, President
King Tek EDM & Precision Machining
- WIRE EDM EQUIPMENT
MITZ DWC 110C
MITZ DWC 90HA
HOLE POP EDM EQUIPMENT
SINKER EDM EQUIPMENT
PACIFIC CONTROLS MODEL 30
CNC MILLING EQUIPMENT (3, 4, 5 AXIS)
BROWN AND SHARPE PFX CMM
RAM OPTICAL SYSTEM
BRIDGEPORT MANUAL MILL
HARIG 612 GRINDER
- Initial Purchases - All first-time purchases are COD and will remain COD until credit application is approved
- Application for Credit – Please submit Credit Application to Contact Us.
- Standard Terms of Sales – Net 30 days from the date of the invoice. We do not offer early payment discounts. All past-due balances are subject to 1.5% per month late charges. All costs incurred in collection of past due accounts, including court and attorney fees shall be paid by the Buyer. A $150 processing fee will be charged for any returned checks.
- Transportation Costs – Buyer is responsible for all transportation costs for Buyer’s property to and from King Tek.
- Termination, Reduction in Quantity or Rescheduling Delivery - In the event Buyer desires to terminate any part or all of the work to be performed, or reschedule the delivery of any goods, fair compensation shall be made to King Tek. King Tek shall recover without duplication, the contracted price for items which have been completed, the actual costs which are allocable or apportionable under recognized commercial practices to terminate work (including the costs of discharging liabilities), plus a reasonable profit.
- Claims for Nonconforming Products – All nonconforming products must be returned to King Tek for evaluation. (1) Nonconforming parts must be reported within ten (10) days of their receipt. (2) No claim for nonconforming product shall be allowed until the nonconformity is verified by King Tek. (3) King Tek has the right but not the obligation to rework legitimately nonconforming material that is King Tek’s responsibility at King Tek’s expense. (4) Parts that have been structurally or chemically altered or which have been incorporated into an assembly subsequent to the work contracted from King Tek, shall not be King Tek’s responsibility. (5) King Tek assumes no responsibility for discrepant parts that have resulted from work that complies with the customer’s requirements (i.e., prints, specification or instructions). (6) Liability for any cause is limited to the cost of direct processing (EDM) performed by King Tek.
- Transit Damage - King Tek assumes no liability for any loss or damage to material while in transit from or to our facility whether in vehicles owned by King Tek, the Customer or other parties acting in behalf of King Tek or the Customer, or for any loss or damage to the merchandise while it is in our possession for any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to theft, fire, casualty, or “Acts of Nature”.
- Materials Supplied by Customer - Materials supplied by the Customer are subject to dimensional inspection and may be rejected if size is inadequate for the requested processing. Customer shall supply enough material for at least 2 set up pieces and first article verifications. Customer is responsible for providing correct material for processing.
- On-Time Deliveries - Delivery dates are contingent upon timely receipt of materials and necessary documentation (example: drawings, models, specifications) from the Customer. King Tek reserves the right to change delivery commitments based on late receipt of materials or information. On-time delivery metrics are computed on the date & time the Customer is notified that the job is ready for pick-up or the customer’s representative accepts delivery when product is delivered by King Tek.
- Terms & Conditions of Sale - King Tek EDM & Precision Machining is not bound by any Customer terms which attempt to impose any conditions at variance with King Tek’s Sales Terms & Conditions. King Tek’s failure to object to provisions in the Customer’s Terms and Conditions shall not be deemed as a waiver of King Tek’s Sales Terms & Conditions, which shall constitute the entire contract between the parties.